ICPSUAS 2017 is the 1st International Conference Postgraduate School organized by Postgraduate School of Universitas Airlangga, Surabaya.
The 1st ICPSUAS will explore the theme: “Implementation of Climate Change Agreement to Meet Sustainable Development Goals”.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) officially known as a set of Global Goals that spreadheaded by the United Nations (UN). In September 2015 the UN members met at the United Nations and adopted the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) from the proposal to be as a final document. That final document contained 17 goals that covering a broad range of sustainable development issues. These goals included ending poverty and hunger, improving health and education, making cities more sustainable, combating climate change and protecting nature resources.
Nowadays, the fact that as in many middle income countries, reducing inequality is an urgent issue for the government to tackle, which is strongly reflected the national development plans and focused in the economic and social policy planning of Indonesia.
The Indonesian Government played a significant role in developing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and was a leader among middle income countries in the negotiations that took place at the UN over the last few years. At the international level, Indonesia has also made very strong commitments to decent works and played a critical role in ensuring the issues above were included in the SDGs.
In the meantime, global economic conditions have deteriorated and this will make the achievement of the SDGs, and in particular Goal 8, more challenging in all countries. In Indonesia, the Government has recognised that the country is once again at a critical cross-road in its economic and social development. External factors including the economic slowdown in China, plummeting commodity prices and pronounced volatility in Asian financial markets has led to concerns about future growth and employment prospects.
Date and Venue
The ICPSUAS 2017 will be held on August 1-2, 2017.
The conference will take place at:
4th floor of Management Office Universitas Airlangga
Campus “C” Mulyorejo, Surabaya – 60115, Indonesia
Phone. 031-5041566, 5041536
Contact Person & Information :
Mr. Kukuh Laksono, SH., LLM.
Jl. Airlangga No. 4-6, Airlangga, Gubeng, Surabaya, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
The range of topics covered by ICPSUAS 2017 are as following:
- Zero Poverty – End poverty in all its forms everywhere.
- Zero Hunger – End hunger,, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
- Good Health and Well-being – Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
- Gender Equality – Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- Clean Water and Sanitation – Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
- Affordable and Clean Energy – Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
- Decent Work and Economic Growth – Promote sustainer, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure – Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
- Responsible Consumption and Production – Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Climate Action – Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts by regulating emissions and promoting developments in renewable energy.
Who Should Attend
Academicians, postgraduate and research students, professionals from business organizations, professional associations, climate change professionals and activists, and other interested party may attend in this international conference.
Dr. H. Asman Abnur, S.E., M.Si.
Indonesian Minister of State Apparatus & Bureaucracy Reform
- Prof. Takeshi Haga, DVM., Ph.D. (JAPAN)
- Dr. Sam Abraham, B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D. (AUSTRALIA)
- Dr. Shane Ryan (SINGAPORE)
- Prof. Roogroje Thanawongnuwech, DVM., M.Sc., Ph.D. (THAILAND)
- Prof. Datin Paduka Dr. Aini Ideris, FASc., FIAS., FMCVS., FMSA (Malaysia)
- Prof. Yuzuru Simada, Ph.D. (JAPAN)
- Dr. H. Soekarwo, S.H., M.Hum. (INDONESIA)
- Prof. Ir. Mochammad Amin Alamsjah, M.Si., Ph.D. (INDONESIA)
- Prof. Dr. H.R. Eddy Rahardjo, dr. SpAn-KIC (INDONESIA)
- Prof. Dr. Hj. Sri Iswati, S.E., M.Si., Ak. (INDONESIA)
Lets check the detailed speakers here.